Become an INVESTOR with Friends
Our model was founded on research showing that the single most important factor in overcoming childhood trauma is a long-term, nurturing relationship with a consistent and caring adult. As part of our 12-year journey with our families, each child gets 12-16 hours of 1:1 support each month, leading to 1,700+ hours of mentorship in their lifetime! We invite you to join us in giving youth this life-changing gift.
Why support Friends of the Children- Detroit?
- Our model empowers youth at risk of, or experiencing, foster care and helps keep families together.
- Friends Detroit supports 64 youth and are enrolling 32 more youth and families.
- We believe in creating the spark, igniting the passion, and providing the support needed to help our young people succeed.
- 97% of our youth come from communities of color and experience some combination of racial discrimination, inequality, economic disparities, and adverse childhood experiences (ACEs).
- We embrace a two-generation (2Gen) approach to serve Detroit youth and their families.
When you invest in Friends of the Children, you invest in the future of our children and our communities.
There are many ways to donate to Friends of the Children, and anything you give matters!
Donate one time, monthly, or annually at our secure online site using your credit or debit card.
OR mail a check to:
Friends of the Children- Detroit
2470 Collingwood #309
Detroit, MI 48206
Become an INVESTOR with Friends Detroit: By financially investing in the program, you are investing in the future of our Detroit children and our community.
How your investment works:
$500- Helper level creates mentorship moments for our youth and Friends.
$1,000- Advisor level contributes to basic need funds for our youth. This helps cover food, clothing and emergency housing needs for our youth and families.
$2,500- Contributor level creates life-changing relationships.
$5,000- Believer level pays for a year of trauma-informed training for our Friends.
$10,000- Sustainer level pays for school uniforms for 100 students.
$15,000- Advocate level funds summer enrichment camp.
$25,000- Collaborator level covers four youth and their families for 6 months.
$50,000- Champion level buys a refurbished tablet or laptop for each child.
$100,000+- Partner level adds two additional Friends who will work with 16 new children and their families for 6 months.